Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Capturing Paranormal Evidence.

While prepping the investigation of this latest tip, I feel this is an opportune time to expand upon my methods for collecting data.

I do not consider myself a luddite (I’m not one of those people who prefers the nostalgia of a record player over the user-friendliness and compactness of an MP3 player, not to mention the immense storage capacity on those things), but I cannot help but think there is an element to rapidly rising technology that is meant to keep the consumer intentionally in the dark.  Once the world transforms elements from the organic and into ones and zeroes, it’s infinitely harder for the average citizen to make sense of those elements. 

What the average person needs to capture paranormal evidence:

1.      Polaroid Camera.
2.      Flash, do not use an excessive amount of light, or light sources that utilize fire (such as a lantern or a match), as this might introduce a temperature shift into the environment that will disturb the entity and prevent it from being photographed properly. 
3.      Thermostat; to gauge temperature shifts and record measurements during moments of activity.
4.      Film retrofitted for Polaroid Cameras, available from “The Impossible Project.

I attach a small digital video camera to my Polaroid, so that I can document my own movements and progression, and when I feel it’s the right moment to attempt to document a specific phenomenon, I snap an instant photograph while filming.  I liken this method to the game videos football coaches show their players before the next game, as a means through which they can view their mistakes and learn from them, and consequently invent new strategies as a result.  I use the videos I record in much the same way.  If I’ve gotten good results, I may continue the specific approach that I used; if my results are less-than-desirable, I will often shift tactics and brainstorm new approaches to documenting future entities.  I find these videos are very important with this respect, and not in the respect of compiling evidence. 


No comments:

Post a Comment