Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tricks of the Paranormal Photography Trade (Part 1)

The following is an effort to parlay my own investigations into “spiritual” paranormal phenomenon into practical information on capturing “evidence” --

I was once an amateur photographer with a passion to go pro; but in fear of being pigeonholed into shooting weddings the rest of my life, I gave it up.  Well, sort of.  I decided to employ my knowledge of photography into my profession of studying the paranormal.  I found that the hobby was a perfect match to the profession (though some of you will probably argue as to which one’s the hobby and which one’s the profession – for me, there is no debate).

My preferred method of capturing paranormal evidence is to rig an HD video camera to my Polaroid camera.

Earlier in my life, I might have hesitated to reveal this information, as perhaps a Michelin Star chef might hesitate to reveal the secret ingredient to his most famous recipe.  But as I’ve gotten older, the urge to leave a part of my mind “behind,” as they say, has become an important stimulus to me.  And what better venue than the blogosphere to throw my proverbial “caution to the wind”?  


Furthermore, in revealing such information, I can’t help but acknowledge the possibility of conspiracy.  Perhaps the notion of conspiracy is more sincere of a motivation for my hesitation than anything else.  I can’t tell you how many of my connections to various organizations, like The Department of Defense, The Congressional Subcommittee on Paranormal Phenomenon, interagencies that examined UFO sightings within the Washington D.C.’s Federal Bureau of Investigation, have been erased from virtual existence.  It appears as though I never worked for them.  The government’s penchant for secrecy is overwhelming and far-reaching.  


I do not think it’s such a stretch to suggest the possibility of an insidious link between the collapse of the Polaroid Company, and other film manufacturers, and the rise of digital cameras, as a way for the government to protect the paranormal, to safeguard the mysteries that they’d like the masses to not pry into.  If paranormal phenomenon is only captured digitally, it’s easy to debunk: “Oh, it’s Photoshop;” “Oh, it’s a pixel;” “Oh, it’s digital noise, static, feedback, etc.”  However, with film, what’s on the negative is on the negative, it can’t be ignored or altered via a computer – it’s much harder to debunk.  It’s hard evidence.

Exposing and developing film is a chemical process – it is an organic process – just as the spiritual process of the paranormal is.

No comments:

Post a Comment