Thursday, February 2, 2012

Viva Don Quijote!


In response to a number of your confused messages regarding my last blog entry, I must clarify that my reference to Don Quixote as being in the running for “most logical character in literary history” was my attempt at a joke.  Don Quixote was anything but logical.  He challenged windmills to duels.

I was also attempting some irony, something that’s lost on a lot of my students, at least with respect to my personal use of it, as many in the field of science (and those outside of the field) consider my forays into paranormal studies, essentially, a quixotic enterprise.  Many believe attempting to procure evidence of the paranormal is about as constructive as tilting at windmills. 

To all those challenging my enterprise, I challenge them to a duel.  After I’m finished slaying these particular windmills.



Viva Don Quijote!!

No comments:

Post a Comment