Wednesday, March 28, 2012

If Angels DO Exist...

If angels exist in a carnal sense (meaning they have skin and bones), then an angel-human union seems feasible.

The morning Roland Billings dropped my class, and subsequently disappeared without a trace from campus, I found a note in my faculty mailbox.  The note simply said:

"Halflings…    angels."



Halflings. 


I cannot get the term out of my head.  


While I’m moderately aware of the term from J. R. R. Tolkien’s literature, wherein he used the term to describe hobbits – it’s used as a functional term to define any creature that is half one species and half another – it still sparked something in my mind.  Could this be the beginning of an entirely new type of classification for paranormal entities?  A hybrid of two schools of thinking, two schools seemingly in contradiction to one another: the school of paranormal activity, and the school of divinity.

What was Roland trying to tell me?  Has he found evidence of a hybrid creature?

Is it possible that Halflings are the union: the union between man and angel; humanity and the divine?  


This may seem farfetched, but it’s just a theory, a possible theory, and any theory in this line of work is worth investigating.

No comments:

Post a Comment