Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Welcome and Hello

I’m Professor Walker Lamott and I’m writing at my computer inside my home office inside the city of Springfield, in the great state of Missouri.

I have taught at several universities, primarily within the field of Anthropology. I have also served as a consultant on various governmental agencies, at both the federal and state levels, with regard to a specialized sub-field of the social science I refer to as Anthropological Phenomenology. I have pioneered this peripheral science and am considered by many as its current leader, or spokesman, for lack of a better term. My affiliations with particular legislative committees and agencies shall necessarily remain undisclosed, and I will not elaborate further on my involvement with them. However, I can assure you that my extensive knowledge in this area is entirely my own.

I’m semi-retired, teaching one class every fall at Missouri State University (all hail the “Queen of The Ozarks”); and this schedule affords me the pleasure of making this sub-field my primary intellectual and investigative focus.

Anthropology is essentially the study of human beings and the manner in which they live and exist in society, both past and present; Anthropological Phenomenology focuses on the presence of “unexplained” phenomena – life-forms, objects and events – that exist in human life and societies. Anthropological Phenomenology does not seek to explain, or even define, the “unexplainable,” but rather it’s a science that purports that the unexplainable is an undeniable part of everyday human life. And that it should be recognized as such.

These blogs are an attempt to disseminate information to the public and to rationally discuss what many believe to be irrational...

No comments:

Post a Comment